A Farewell of Love

A Farewell of Love
Sir N.E.B.



It is with deep sadness that I say to you,
I won’t hold your hand, and I will let it go
That’s what my mind and soul follow
But my heart whispers and says no.


I look at your photos, smiles and your eyes dance amiably
Your glow is different, and it speaks admittedly.
You seem happy and that’s what I want you to be,
Even if it means that you are happy with your fiancé.


I may never have your hand to hold
I may never have your lips to kiss,
I may never have your body to embrace,
But you will have my heart as always.


Goodbyes are no goodbyes for the one who loves
Yes, it is sad, it is foolish, and it hurts.
But I will get over it, I know I will,
Just promise me to always be well.




I’ll stop, I’ll breathe, and I’ll rest.

Popular posts from this blog

Mon Ami, Mon Frere

When You Found the One

Love and Coy