A Pretentious Superhero


A Pretentious Superhero
By: Mr. N.E.B.



When you caress my head and in sleep I pretend.
You were so happy in those times we spend.
When we have nothing but there’s something you bring,
Were the moments when I knew you will give everything.

You hide your pain and you smile like nothing happens.
You smile so sweetly, but you’re burning inside every day.
You are perfect outside, but I can tell what you are inside.
You’re vulnerable but you are such a good actor.

I could not fathom the love you carry,
In times of trouble, there’s always a way.
You make that possible 'cause that’s what you are.
You never give up even until you get a scar.

You may not have a robe to be called a hero,
But you defeated the difficult life as a foe.
You may not have glittering suit and armor,
But your love is enough, but you give a lot more.

My love for you may not compare to what you give,
But I will die for you if that’s what it takes.
I know you’re hurt, and I know you’re bruised,
Don’t hide it, try, and please cry.

Please know that your son feels you.
I would do anything to console you,
I will never turn my back on you,
Because I will always love you.



My papa, my love, and my superhero!


Popular posts from this blog

Mon Ami, Mon Frere

When You Found the One

The Subway